Plate screws

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 13:52:42 +0000

Monsieur Clyde

Yeah, I figured this might have puzzled a few people.
No, the number of the plate screws was just somehow typical for the rest of
the piano.
I was a bit annoyed when I wrote the post.

This one had five screws on the front board.  Itīs nothing you canīt
handle, but itīs terribly annoying considering we see other pianos every
day without this unimportant feature.  I had to get to the keys so to this
I can add six screws for the fallboard, and two for the
overthekeysthingeepardonthislackofpianovocabulary not mention the nut :)

Thirteen screws!  Twenty six screwing processes!  And Iīm sure all of you
have had to open a piano again after packing down your tools, if the owner
points out something afterwards, or whatever.  Sure makes for annoying
recalls if that might happen.  Maybe they did this so the owners wouldnīt
open the piano and tamper with it.  But I think that would be the wrong way
to think.  If the owner wants to gain comfortable access to all the hammers
so the placement of tacks on the hammers can be achieved, a few screws
wonīt help deter a sick and twisted soul of that caliber.

It should be baddabing baddaboong.

Itīs okay if itīs flip, flip baddaboong.

But shshshshshshshshplop, shshshshshshshshplop, shshshshshshshshplop,
shshshshshshshshplop, shshshshshshshshplop is a little excessive just to
get to the parts that really need to screwed.
Not to mention the plopshshshshshshshsh,
plopshshshshshshshsh,  plopshshshshshshshsh,
plopshshshshshshshsh,  plopshshshshshshshsh that is inevitable in the
closing process of said pianos.

The Kīster