Piano Dating Wanted

robert goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Tue, 13 Jun 2000 02:06:40 -0700

"John Lillico, RPT" wrote:

> A very misleading subject!! And here I thought a lady technician was looking for a date while at Arlington!!

Well, I can recall a time...

The day had been a Behr so I was relaxing at H.C. Bay.  Bach in those days I worked like a Hardman and I was
bushed.  So there I was admiring the Sohmer set and watching the Fischer men caster their sharp hooks into the
Pearl River.  Suddenly I heard voicing.  Upright before me stood a beautiful 5'2" chickering.  She had cherry
cheek blocks and satin ebony hair.  Her elegantly curved rim immediately struck a chord, and her legs...  well
I'll just say she was well built!  I'll admit her nose bolted out a bit but not enough to damper the finish.

After a long sustain she asked me my name.  I knew there could be treble so I lyred a bit and told her that it
was Jack Flange.  She gave me a suite smile.  Leather or not it made cents I asked her to dinner.  She told be
her name was Rose Wood and I could tell that that she had a lot of practice.  She had the combo and I had the
tuna.  What great plates!  For desert we had Schubert.  At first she said she was board but I could see the
cracks.  We touched bass on a few striking points and I could tell that we were bridging together.  We were well
balanced and you could feel the good vibrations!   What a well tempered dolly!

A few beats later she invited me to conover to her place for a night capo.  Of course I knew Weber, but I told
her that it would be grand.  The Rhodes were pitch dark but I got us there on my Yamaha.  Soon we were there,
440 clavier Street, apartment A.  It was a duplex.  Inside she had a bench with a vose of welted flowers and the
pedals were dropping off.  In the corner was a bird cage and I could see four birdseyes, a Wing and Son.

She said she wood return in a minuet and springed toward the Bach to spruce up.... and boy did she!  I was
glued!  Clearly she was looking for some action.  I'll admit I was surprised when she asked if I would give her
a wippen.  Suddenly there was a crashing chord as the door hammered open!  In walked the biggest instrument I
had ever seen wearing white polyester.  I was right, there was going to be treble.  His name was Henry F. Miller
and Rose Wood was his little spinet.  He cauled out in a forte voice demanded me out on a rail!  But Kawai, I
asked?  His actions were completely automatic, he was solenoiding!  What a square.  The room became mute as he
clenched his knuckles.  I was definitely not going to Pleyel around with this monkey.  Without missing a beat I
grabbed my keys and slipped past him, my ribs still intact.

Chopin at the bit I thought about Rose Wood.  She really gave me the Renner round.  I wanted to Decker.  With
the blues I
went home and slept like a rock.  A rose is still a rose, just step ivory!

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV