SAT Bat Transplant

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Mon, 12 Jun 2000 15:24:55 EDT

re: Battery replacement on SATII

Well it took longer to worry about than to do it! :-)
I used 4 AA, 1200mah, ni-cad industrial batteries, some tape solder and PVC-E
glue and the deed is done....my "lo-bat" notice is gone, my memory is intact,
and the new batteries are charging just fine.
 I believe that my main problem was a severely corroded solder connection on
the negative wire lead and that if I had just cleaned it up and resoldered
the connection everything would have been fine.  But since I had the
batteries and other stuff, and the unit is 4 years old, I decided to just go
ahead and do the transplant.
 Thanks for the help and encouragement.
Jim Bryant (FL)