replacing castors...

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sun, 11 Jun 2000 22:52:00 EDT

<<hat's where my idea
of a special floor jack came in. If anyone knows where I can find such a
thing, I'd love to know. Thanks!>>

terry;
 A "special floor jack is easy enough to find but it won't do you any good.
:-(
U1 casters are single piece and not the stem type where you can just pop-out
the old caster and pop-in the new one......if I am not mistaken.
 Get one other person to help you pull the thingee out from the wall just a
short ways..put a pad down on the floor and tilt the U1 up on one end. It is
very easy to do and will not hurt the case........unless you let it fall over
on your steel toed tennis shoe! :-)
 This manuver 'can' be done by one person but you really should have two
people to do it safely for the piano and your back.
Jim Bryant (FL)