Pins Riding the Plate

Sun, 11 Jun 2000 11:52:52 +0200

List.. Ron and others following the recent thread on plate bushings...
After reading Ron N's comments on this problem of tuning pins eventually
riding on the plate (unbushed plates) I have started paying close attention
to the condition of several such grands I have on my rounds. Sure enough..
True in every case. Even relatively new Steinways display this.

I wonder Ron if you could delve into this a bit more in detail. What are
the consequences of this condition, and what can tuners do to minimize any
difficulties this presents. Further how does this relate to the pin bushing
question beyond the obvious point that bushings prevent this condition from
occuring.

Thanks, when you get the time..

--
Richard Brekne