Maximum tension

Thu, 8 Jun 2000 21:49:15 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: Ron Nossaman <RNossaman@KSCABLE.com>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: June 08, 2000 9:27 AM
Subject: Re: Re: Maximum tension

> ...Del has written that the shape of
> the counter bearing bar is nearly as critical as that of the V. I assume
he
> was talking about lower deflection angles in tuned front duplexes, because
> I haven't noticed any problems at the higher deflection angles. Perhaps
> I've just been lucky. Maybe he'll kick in and elaborate.

You are correct, I was referring to the so-called 'tuned aliquot' front
string sections.  If the string termination angle is adequate to efficiently
cut of the speaking length of the string the shape of the counterbearing bar
is relatively unimportant.

Other than this, most of what I have to say on the subject has already been
printed in the Journal.

Del