Rodent infestation

Dave Hall keyboard@cysource.com
Wed, 07 Jun 2000 22:59:32 -0500

At 09:17 PM 06/07/2000 -0400, you wrote:
>I've heard that rodents do not like ordinary moth balls.  Is there a possible
>ill effect of placing a couple inside pianos in storage to keep the little
>critters out?  Are there other options of preventing the problem before
>habitation occurs?
>
>Tom Robinson
>East Tennessee

Tom,

This is strictly under the heading of "old wives tales".  I once had a customer
with mouse problems in a country church.  They put, and this is a quote, cotton
balls soaked with oil of anise in Mason jar lids inside the bottom of the piano
and had no further problems with mice in the piano.  I stress that this is
unconfirmed hearsay but, who knows, it may be at least as good as anything
else I've heard of to discourage the little monsters.

Dave