hammer traveling...

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 20:33:33 -0500

Terry,

<<... then I apply a small drop of CA, then push into the  hole. I repeat
this step for the other side. What results is actually much stronger than
the original, and the spring works perfect.>>

What kind of fishing line did you use? Was it the type made of fibers, or
was it the monofilament type?

Also, have you considered what will happen IF the fishing line breaks in the
future? Some tech will be cussing you for using CA glue, which is hard to
remove once cured. However, maybe your holes could be drilled out again. ???
I don't really know if they can be, but I would use something like liquid
hide glue, assuming you are not using monofilament line. My preference,
though, is to keep it like Yamaha designed it.

I have a Yamaha console with the same problem, and am replacing the butt
flanges. That way there will at least be new bushings, which I think is
good. (Not to mention preserving the original way the mfg. intended.) Hammer
traveling is not that difficult.

Not saying your way is bad, just saying my preference. :-)

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS