Australian sold Yamaha

ETomlinCF3@AOL.COM ETomlinCF3@AOL.COM
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 16:26:09 EDT

You may hide your head in the sand and say "they are the same," but you would
be dead wrong.  They are not the same.  The moisture content is different at
manufacturing and some of the pianos are different specs.  This is not just
marketing it is fact.  Will they fall apart?  Are they junk? NO not at all.
With proper care and maintenance some of these pianos will be fine.  I have
restrung a fair number of these imports because of excess rust and corrosion.
 I have only restrung one domestic Yamaha.  There is a difference ... viva la
difference.

Ed Tomlinson

<< Oh yes I did!  But that company wants us to believe that different parts
and specs are used for domestic and exported product. Where the Ausie and
Canuck pianos are exported from Japan, they've gotta have the same parts and
specs. The only difference as I see it is Christmas in June. What's the
difference whether a piano is in Windsor, Nova Scotia or Melbourne? They both
use heat!!

 But Juno and Miami?

 Gray market pianos have nothing to do with climate. They even_heat their
homes in Japan!!

 The discussion you alluded to is called "protectionism."

 John Lillico, RPT #2617 >>

Ed Tomlinson
Cascade Piano
Piano Sales/Piano Technician