Go figure

Doug Mahard nlm@csu.cted.net
Sun, 4 Jun 2000 12:46:05 -0400

Here is a first for me.

New customer is about 60 years old and operates heavy equipement, i.e.
excavator, backhoe...

Hasn't had his Acrosonic tuned in 25 years, it's over 100 cents flat
throughout the whole instrument!  He is fascinated by the cybertuner and
says he has a pretty good ear and wants to check it.  Asks me to turn the
wrench while he plays the note and will tell me when it is in tune.  This is
note G1 he is tuning and my first pitch raise pass through the piano
starting at A0.  I put the RCT to sleep so he can't cheat and he starts
playing G1 and comparing it to F1 while I'm tweaking the wrench for him.  He
gets G1 where he says it's in tune, I bring RCT back up and the guy pretty
much had the spinner stopped.

Go figure.

Doug Mahard