upright backcheck felt question

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 09:18:51 EDT

lobeliac@ipass.net writes:

<< I haven't checked with APSCO
 since I'm still
 annoyed that they want $5.00 and a business card to prove I'm a real
 person.

It's not so much that they want to know you are a real person, but that you
are in the piano repair business. The $5 is for the catalogue, for which you
get credit when you place an order. This is their way of assuring you that
they only sell to the industry. Other supply houses have similar policies.

For me that makes perfect sense. I want the supply houses to limit their
sales to the industry. I don't want my clients calling up supply houses to
buy supplies they are supposed to buy form me. This is how I make my living.
The old adage, "I can get it for you wholesale," should not apply to the
piano tuning and repair business.

Willem