String splicing

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Thu, 01 Jun 2000 20:40:54 -0400

Hi Paul,

No, I have not joined the list yet.  COuld you send the
address to me?  I seem to remember something about it but I
don't have a clue where I put the address, if I ever had it.

There is a way to make a traditional tuner's knot by taking
a coil off each tuning pin and placing the knot between the
capo bar and the bearing bar.  Doug Strong used to do this
all the time at the university until he had twenty or so
then it was time to send it to the shop and have it
restrung.  I did it once but I never mastered the
technique.  There was a Journal article on the technique
some 15 or so years ago.

Well, off to the next message.

Take care and hope to see you again soon.

		Newton