humidity fudge factor

J Patrick Draine draine@mediaone.net
Thu, 01 Jun 2000 16:06:47 -0400

Dear Don,
While I salute your attempt to find a rule of thumb for RH: cents deviation.
my gut feeling is that calibrating it on an instrument that drops as much as
108 cents when going from 45% RH to 18% RH may not be the "ideal case". I've
got some 20 year old Wurlitzers that are that "flexible", and it drives their
owners crazy (but they still don't get a DC system). Some models move (almost)
that much, others are more stable.
Perhaps someone with an inventory of Yamaha uprights, or Baldwin Hamiltons,
can collaborate with you in your study.

Patrick Draine