SAT FAC numbers

John Ross piano.tech@ns.sympatico.ca
Sun, 30 Jan 2000 19:08:05 -0400

Hi Terry,
Just a thought. I started using an ETD, too early on, and I have never
been able to do a satisfactory, to me, aural tuning.
I depend too much, on my SAT. I have no complaints from my customers, and I
don't think it has hurt me financially.
I have a contract with a local university, it is my 11th. year, with them.
They, and the different artists, who have used their facility, have
been satisfied with the results.
The aural portion, of the Guild exams is the only part, I have been unable
to pass.
So, if you are intending to become an RPT, get your aural skills solidified,
before you depend too much on the SAT, like me.
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of pianolover@worldspy.net
Sent: January 30, 2000 6:07 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: SAT FAC numbers

Thanks to all who replied re: FAC numbers! It makes more sense to me now!

Regards,

Terry

Btw, Tuning went well, (for a newbie)  I used the SAT to tune the the middle
strings, then turned it off and tuned the remaining unisons aurally to the
tuned middle string. Sounds pretty darn good! I figure after another couple
HUNDRED pianos, I'll be doin' ok!

Get free Internet service and email at http://www.worldspy.com