Steinway value?

Kdivad@AOL.COM Kdivad@AOL.COM
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 18:30:41 EST

In a message dated 01/29/2000 5:19:44 PM Central Standard Time,
Wimblees@AOL.COM writes:

<< << Steinway L,  circa 1904
  original washed out, faded mahogony..veneer fair shape.
  needs a soundboard, pinblock, and action rebuild.
  very worn, and well used piano

  I have to do a rebuilding estimate and appraisal of this piano on Monday.

  Would anybody who has significant experience with this type of piano, hazard
  an "as is" appraisal value ?  ...Not pie in the sky, but what a good
  rebuilding shop would be normally willing to part with to aquire this sort
  of 'used-to-be-musical instrument.'

  Thanks,
  Owen (Southern Ontario in Canada)

 For you to buy, about $3000 US.  For a customer to buy to have rebuilt,
about
 $5000.

 Wim

Wim,
 Are there still places you can locate and buy Steinways that need
restoration for $3000.00  to $5000.00?  I have not seen anything for under
$7500.00  for years.
I wish I could locate a truckload!!
Dave Koelzer
DFW Texas