"quite listenable, not perfect, but enjoyable" (was Re: )

Dave Hall keyboard@cysource.com
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 17:13:24 -0600

At 11:36 AM 01/29/2000 -0600, you wrote:
>>...In that case then "quite listenable, not perfect, but
>>enjoyable" effectively renders the strict guidelines of the PTG tuning exam
>>obsolete and unnecessary to go out and tune for the public.  True?
>>Dave Hall
>
>By your comments you are making it initially seem that you are under some
>illusion that the PTG tuning exam is a prerequisite for permission to go
>out into the world to tune pianos and charge for that service.  Doesn't
>seem likely to me that you are that naive.
>
>You must have another purpose in making your supposed connection between a
>"quite listenable, not perfect, but enjoyable" tuning done by an individual
>and the PTG tuning exam.
>
>What is your point other than the appearance to try and mix it up?
>
>Keith McGavern
>Registered Piano Technician
>Oklahoma Chapter 731
>Piano Technicians Guild
>USA

As usual, my point was completely lost!  I must have some difficulty
expressing myself.  I was attempting to determine whether Steve
Fairchild's 5-minute piano tuning was ever checked for ACCURACY by ANYONE.
And, again
as usual, instead of a straight answer, the responses take the form of personal
attacks.  Believe me, I am under no "illusions", I am certainly not naive
and I am
obviously not the one who is mixed up.

Let me quickly apologize if I have offended anyone or stepped on any fragile
egos.

Dave