apprentice fees

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Sat, 29 Jan 2000 09:39:46 EST

pianolover@worldspy.net writes:

<< Can anyone tell me what the typical hourly rate (or a general ballpark
figure) a mentor might charge an apprentice? In my case, my training would
take place almost exclusively in the shop, helping with action parts,
repacing felts, shaping hammers, etc., pretty much everything short of
tuning, which hopefully I will be doing on the floor af a piano dealer in the
near future.  Thanks.

 Terry
 LA, CA >>

I pay my beginning "apprentices" $8 to start. For this they also answer the
phone and set up appointments, take out the trash and sweep the floors.

Wim