What we charge?

David Renaud studiorenaud@qc.aibn.com
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 19:15:26 -0500

Wimblees@AOL.COM wrote:
. The comment I get most often is "That didn't take long."
I don't know if they are implying that they are happy I got done so soon, or
that I charged too much for such a short visit.........WimMy response to "that
didn't take long" usually is a variation
on the following:

"I could do it much faster if you like, but I prefer to always
put forth my best effort."

Or the reverse sometimes occurs with  "An HOUR!"
in which case: "With 240 strings to tune I have about 15seconds
per string, I can do it much faster if you like but would prefer
to take the whole hour"

Once I tried to twist the piano movers arm into giving me a break.
His response, "Well I suppose we could charge more". It was a
good lesson I've used ever since.

                                                  Cheers
                                                  Dave Renaud
                                                  RPT