What we charge? JimB

Brian Trout btrout@desupernet.net
Fri, 28 Jan 2000 09:04:43 -0500

Hi Jim,

I hope you'll clear this up for me.  I ask in all sincerity of heart, and am
wondering if I perhaps owe the list an apology.

You wrote:

>When we all joined PTG one of the things we agreed to, as a member,
> was not to discuss 'pricing/prices' in chapter meetings, National
> Conventions, Regional seminars or in public forums.

I sincerely don't remember such, but that doesn't mean it wasn't there.
Could you point me to the official written word on the subject so that I
might do a little reading on the subject.

In all honesty, I still have a problem seeing what all the fuss is about.  I
will confess that I have personal knowledge of the tuning rates for 5 tuners
in my area.  Not a single one is the same price.  Yes, they're only a few
dollars different, but none are the same, and I don't believe there was any
conspiring among them to be at whatever level they are.  In this group, if
you tried to get them together on their prices, you'd have a little feud!
No kidding.  There might have been at some time and place a 'back alley
agreement' between tuners in an area somewhere out there.  I don't have
knowledge of it.  But I still think it's highly unlikely given the
'independent nature' of us piano types, and our typical desires to be a
little 'different' from everyone else.

In some respects, I do believe that it's just about enough said on the
subject, as it's been going.  But I am looking forward to hearing what you
might have in the way of a reference for me to look up.

Best wishes,

Brian Trout
Quarryville, PA
btrout@desupernet.net