Empty Key lead holes

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Thu, 27 Jan 2000 13:55:36 -0800

dempsey@MARSHALL.EDU wrote:
>  Have any of you encountered the above scenario and, having
> left the keys unpluged, experienced any problems such as keylever
> breakage, etc. down the road. Just curious.

Nope. I attend to a concert instrument which has a substantial amount of
lead removed. To keep costs down, the holes were not plugged.

I'll bet that if you grabbed the two ends of a lead-less key and banged
the balance pin hole against a hard place, the key would still break in
the middle.

Tom

--
Thomas A. Cole, RPT