in-the-home boring jig

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 19:31:35 -0800

Wally,

Right, I clean forgot about cedar shanks. The screws usually come out
with only part of the shank and then I end up re-wetting the hole and
picking out the splinters with an awl, again cleaning up with the 7/32"
drill.

I don't know what happens if you go for the 7/32" right away - it might
take a few swipes out of the maple (especially if it's a sharp bit) but
mostly remove the cedar. It might work better to drill in reverse mode
first until the bit is started in the hole.

Tom

--
Thomas A. Cole, RPT
Santa Cruz, CA