Strip Muting/unisons

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 22:24:02 -0600

Roger wrote:
<<<I like strip muting and whole step tuning, too.  I discovered it while
doing time/motion studies on the fastest method of tuning (for me).  The
stop watch told me what was quicker.>>>

After Bill B. mentioned this on the list, I tried it.  Worked really well
for me, too.  I was able to do a pitch raise in 15 minutes instead of 20.
HOWEVER, this was the first PR of the day--I was fresh--and as the day wore
on, and I hit the 3rd and last PR, it took a little less than 25 minutes.
:-(  But I liked going up by whole steps.  As you said in your post, it is a
psychological thing.

Best regards,

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS