High humidity in winter?

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 18:35:17 EST

In a message dated 1/26/2000 6:21:02 PM, Mike B.
 wrote:

<<"Another "tech" advised that the dampp-chaser systems are junk.  In this
situation I don't know if the system will work or not.">>

 ANY tech that says that is either ignorant of the operation of DC or is
unknowledgable of this aspect of his/her trade.  While I am not a avid
"loyal" supporter of Dampp Chaser systems, in general, they are FAR from
being "junk". In the right situation a properly installed DC system can do
wonders for the instrument in which it is installed.

<<"My question is:  How much will the humidity be reduced throughout the
instrument if a dampp-chaser is installed.">>
Significantly if the system is maintained and kept plugged in.

<<"I know it will improve things, but will it work throughout.">>
Yes without a doubt if properly installed.

<<"And will the system be able to compensate for
the "sweating" that occurs.">>
Incidences of "sweating", if this is in fact happening, will be reduced
drastically if not elimnated altogether.

  Mike this sounds as if it is the perfect place for installation for a DC
system.
My view.
Jim Bryant (FL)