What we charge?

pianolover@worldspy.net pianolover@worldspy.net
26 Jan 2000 13:02:43 -0800

On Wed, 26 January 2000, "Brian Trout" wrote:

> Hi Wim,
>
> You wrote:
> > I know it is against the law to talk about how much we charge...
>
> Is it really?  This is one of those things I'd like to know more
> specifically about.
>
> Why is it against the law to talk about how much I charge?  If somebody
> calls me on the phone and wants to know how much I charge for a piano
> tuning, it's $65 plus tax.  That's what I charge.

I have NEVER heard of charging "tax" on a tuning, which is usually ALL labor. I know that there would maybe be tax on parts, if needed, but labor? Is labor tax charged only in certain states? Of course, i am a newbie tuner/tech, so maybe I am just unaware of this matter. I know that in MOST cases, there is NO tax on labor; is piano tuning labor an exception?

Terry Peterson
"RPT in Training"
LA, CA

Get free Internet service and email at http://www.worldspy.com