pitch raise time

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 10:23:30 -0600

>...I would be happy to demonstrate a 10 minute pitch raise and a 30 minute
>tuning. But the problem is, just because I know how to do it, doens't mean
>you can. It's hard to teach 20 years of experience in a 90 minute class.
>
>Wim

The last thing anyone should need is 90 minutes to demonstrate a 10 minute
pitch raise.  The actual pitch raising of a piano would be the teacher.

As Clyde H. indicated,
"...we may pick up techniques that are hard to visualize through
>email descriptions..."

Knowing that I take approximately 18-23 minutes for a pitch raise, I would
greatly enjoy witnessing you, or anyone else for that matter, accomplish
the task of strip muting a piano (2x) and pitch raising a reasonably
quality piano, say -20 cents or more, in ten (10) minutes or less, as you
said you do, and then follow up with a 30 minute tuning, without a word
ever being spoken during the process.

No explanations, no conversations, no teaching, from anyone, anywhere in
the room during this time.  Just pure demonstration.

If all these conditions were accomplished, more learning would take place
than any words could ever reveal.

My viewpoint on the subject.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician