pitch raise time

John M. Formsma jformsma@dixie-net.com
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 08:59:50 -0600

Clyde,

I would love to see this as well, and hear how these tunings sound.

I have been trying to get faster and faster, but 25 minutes for a good
tuning sounds almost impossible to me.  Maybe I'm too slow.  :-)  But, if a
good temperament is set, pins are set, strings are set, good octaves are
made, and all strings of the unisons are perfect...I just can't see how I'll
ever attain to that, and have the piano at the level of my satisfaction.  I
could probably get a piano to sound musically acceptable in 25 mintues, but
I want to go beyond acceptable to exceptional.

John Formsma
Blue Mountain, MS

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Clyde Hollinger
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2000 7:44 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: pitch raise time

Paul and list,

I think I am fast when it comes to tuning, but I would like to be more
efficient
still if it is possible.  How about a class at the national convention
demonstrating these 10-minute pitchraises and 25-30 minute tunings?  Seeing
is
believing, and we may pick up techniques that are hard to visualize through
email descriptions.

Clyde Hollinger