Sticky plastic key tops

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 22:31:18 EST

In a message dated 1/25/00 9:27:33 PM !!!First Boot!!!, staytuned@idirect.com
writes:

<< Today's challenge.

 Just returned from an unresolved sticky key top situation. Apparently the
sticky substance is some tape backing..... pretty thick. I tried detergent
and a damp cloth which just spread it around. Brilliant! I trued toothpaste.
Only about 50 per cent effective.

 Any solutions out there?

 Thanks,

 John Lillico, RPT >>

John

Try Naphtha. It sounds like your customer put letters on the keys to help
identify them, but then took the letters off, but left the glue residue.
Naphtha will dissolve the glue, but will not hurt the plastic keytop
material. DO NOT USE LACQUER THINNER>

Wim