Help for a Heinzman grand

pryan2 pryan2@the-beach.net
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 18:47:55 -0500

I was tuning a older Heinzmann grand when a string popped in the treble =
(notice that I didn't say I broke the string).  The piano is equipped =
with a agraffe bridge in the treble.  There is no regular agraffe, but =
the bar has tiny holes through it.  I cannot find the opening on the =
back side of the bar to thread the new string through.  One cannot see =
the holes from the top of the piano.  Must I pull the action and thread =
it through from underneath or is there a simpler solution.  I hope not, =
as it's a rickety old piano and pulling the action would be a chore.

Maybe some of our Canadian friends can help as the piano is labeled, =
"The Steinway of Canada."
Thanks for any help.

Phil Ryan
PTG Associate