glosario pianistico revisitado

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 19:03:51 EST

In a message dated 1/25/00 6:31:57 AM Pacific Standard Time,
larudee@pacbell.net writes:

<< right now I'd be interested in your thoughts about Spanish translations
 of the following terms.  >>

I'd try to help if I could, Paul but most of those all go over my head.  I
know what they all are in English but my Spanish nomenclature is fairly
limited even though I can speak Spanish fluently.  The person to help you
with this is Mr. Ramon Ramirez RPT of the Austin (I think) chapter.

He is an American born in Michigan but of Mexican heritage.  He speaks both
Spanish and English with uncanny eloquence.  He has taught Piano Technology
in Mexico City for many years.  He is an extremely accurate and consistent
aural tuner, one of the most highly skilled tuners there is.  He knows all of
those terms.  He was one of the organizers of Regional Seminars in Mexico
City along with the late Danny Boone RPT and Linda Scott RPT.

Linda lives in Mexico City and can speak Spanish perfectly and also knows all
those terms.  But she may be hard and costly to reach by phone.  Contact
information for Ramon Ramirez would be in the directory.  He may also, in
fact be in Mexico City, I don't know his schedule.

I am looking forward to the publication.  Here is my two pesos worth:

Aural Tuning:  Afinacion a la oida
Equal Temperament:  Temperamento Igual
Electronic Tuning:  Afinacion al Instrumento Electronico
Historical Temperament:  Temperamento Historica
Meantone Temperament:  Temperamento Mitono
Pitch Change: Cambiar el Diapason
Pitch Raise: Aumentar el Diapason
Pitch Lowering:  Bajar el Diapason
(Single) Mute: Sordina (Sola)
Strip Mute: Sordina de Cinta
Tuning Hammer:  Llave de Afinacion
Vitorian Temperament:  Temperamento al Estilo Victoriano
Well-Tempered Tuning: Afinacion al Buen Temperamento

Good luck with it.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin