glosario pianistico revisitado

Asbel Jonathan Corrales ajthepianoman@hotmail.com
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 15:03:29 EST

Although I'm completely fluent with reading, writing and speaking Spanish,
some of the terms below need further clarification and others might be very
difficult to interpret directly from one language to the other, but I will
provide what I know and indicate what could use further clarifications.

hide glue - 'more details'
piano lid - tapa del piano
stretcher (piano case part) - bastidor
bellyrail- 'more details'
soundboard rib - varilla de la tabla de sonidos
fallboard -
cheek block -
keyslip - 'more details'
piano lyre - lejía del piano
trapwork - 'more details'
Pitman dowel - 'more details'
pedal rod - varilla/vara del pedal
damper tray - bandeja sordina
post (grand damper action part that holds damper wire) - poste
post (support beam in back of upright pianos) - poste
back action (grand damper action) - acción trasera
bridge pin - alfiler de puente
caster - ruedecilla de mueble
ferrule - 'more details'
balance rail pin - alfiler de riel de balance
front rail pin - alfiler de riel delantero
center pin cutters/nippers - cortador de alfiler central

Regarding the word 'revisitado' in the SUBJECT field, are you trying to say
"REVISED PIANO GLOSSARY"?  If so, the word 'revisitado' is not correct.  It
should be 'REVISADO'.  The 'IT' is extra.  I don't know if you're trying to
say something else.  Please advise if you wish.

A.J.