cracked bridge

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 08:56:38 EST

In a message dated 1/25/00 2:16:26 AM !!!First Boot!!!, fcahill@erols.com
writes:

<< I inspected a piano today. It's a freebie that the owner wants to get in
 shape.  It has a severely cracked  bass bridge...I'd say about 25% of
 the length of the bridge is cracked. Very badly cracked...worst I've
 ever seen.

 I have my doubts  that this could be repaired, considering the extent of
 damage. Do you think epoxy could hold this thing together? I don't.

 I advised the owners that it's probably not worth the money needed to
 fix it. It also needs regulation, keytops,  and a couple other
 thngs...total's close to 1000 bucks.

 Great money, but I don't feel I could guarantee the bridge repair. Also
 it's pretty much junk. I'm not sure how good I'd feel about doing the
 work.

 --

 Frank Cahill >>

With all the other problems with this piano, I don't think fixing a bridge
will satisfy the customer. This is a case where not doing anything will be
better for you, as well as the customer. Maybe the customer can find someone
else to do the repairs, but I would suggest you walk away from this one. You
will either wind up doing work for nothing to satisfy this customer, or
you'll feel bad taking his money for work on a piano that will never play
right.

Willem Blees