Oversized tuning pins

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Mon, 24 Jan 2000 22:45:02 -0600

Hi Jim,
          2/0 pins would also be considered oversized, if repinning an
Asian piano, a lot less expensive than purchasing metric oversized pins.
I repinned a Yamaha grand with their next sized pins, suprise they were
about .002" larger or smaller than #2/0. suprise #2 they arrived  in
packages of 5, sealed in little poly bags.
Since then I've been repinning asian pianos with 2/0 pins with great
results. Half the price.
Regards Roger

At 10:13 PM 24/01/00 -0500, you wrote:

>In a message dated 1/24/2000 9:45:59 PM, Terry J. wrote:
>
><<"What size pins are considered oversized?">>
>
>Terry, tuning pins come in common sizes from 1/0 (.276) to 7/0 (.306) and in
>lengths  of 2", 2 1/4", 2 3/8" and 2 1/2", again standard common.
> I don't know what size is exactly considered "oversized" but I would
>personally consider anything over 2/0 oversize, as 1/0 and 2/0 are the
>industry standard (I think?)
>  An oversized pin is not needful for use as a 'dummy' pin for making coils.
>Jim Bryant (FL)

Roger Jolly
Saskatoon, Canada.
306-665-0213