Asian Music Wire

ETomlinCF3@AOL.COM ETomlinCF3@AOL.COM
Sun, 23 Jan 2000 17:34:30 EST

I believe scale design and hammers play a greater role on tone than the
strings.  I have heard many Yamaha grand pianos that have been restrung with
various types of wire and they all seem to be very similar when finished.  I
am sure the strings play a role, but I think soundboard, bridges, hammers and
good regulation and voicing are the real tellers of the tale.

Ed Tomlinson

<< I was referring more toward the origin of manufacturer and the
 possible different alloy content.  I am wondering if the alloy
 content/manufacture process of Asian wire is different than other
 sources, and if so does this effect the sound?  Thus would this have
 much of an effect on the higher tension scales of Asian pianos and
 therefore perhaps more appropriate for restringing jobs?  Where would
 one purchase Japanese wire in U.S.?

 Rob Goodale, RPT >>