mottos (was Re:[blank]) Now Heintzman

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Sat, 22 Jan 2000 09:12:35 -0500

At 10:37 PM 01/21/2000 -0500, you wrote:

>>John, I don't remember Duofulcrum keys ... can you tell me what brand
>>that was? And how did the keys have two fulcrums?
>
>As you know, most balance rails are flat across the top with the punchings
providing the pivot.. Heintzman figured that introducing two "peaks", or
continuous quarter-rounds, one for the white and one for the black keys, would
accelerate key movement.... thus, duofulcrom. Get it?
of Theodore Heintzman.
> John Lillico, RPT,
>Oakville, Ontario, Canada

Someone else picked up on that idea. Personally, I don't think they accelerate
the
keys enough to compensate for the amount of extra work involved to level the
keys.
Spot levelling is a real chore.

One thing they do contribute to the lever system is to maintain the fulcrum
close to
the pin. On a flat punching the fulcrum moves towards the front of the
punching
as
you depress the key.

Regards,