Kohller And Campbell click

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 23:15:08 -0500

Roger said:

>            If this product is manufactured by Samick, a good bet, will be
> the knuckles that is the causing the problem.

I kinda have my doubts only because I did needle between the leather and the felt
on one of them - I did not do what you suggested with a darning needle, but I
would think I would hear a reduction with a voicing needle...no?

> Older models I think have Corfam for drop screw leather, another source of
> clicks.

Good point - and I don't know if they are Corfam or not.

> I have also found hammer tails too long, and clicking against the wippen
> assist springs.

Nah - not this time - I've had this happen with new Wurlitzers, though.

And then Joe Alkana said:

>check out
>the rep springs for the heck of it. They can click when the grooves are gunky
and
>clicks can occur on the bottom part of the spring where it tensions the jack
>return.  Take a whippen out from a noisy key assembly and move the parts around,
it
>might help localize the problem.

Another good point.

Wim, it is not the Hammer rest rail - sorry. Nice try! - but - it almost sounds
like that kind of noise.

As soon as I get the OK from the dealer to do the work, I'll let y'all know what
I found out.

Darn - that Jim Bryant-ism is pretty unbecomming on this $*^& Yankee!!!

Thanks all, and keep 'em coming,

Rook