Kohller And Campbell click

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 19:04:33 EST

In a message dated 1/21/00 10:18:42 PM !!!First Boot!!!, tito@PhilBondi.com
writes:

<< I have on my hands a noisy action - it clicks just as the key comes to
rest on
 the back rail cloth.

 What has been done in the past to this action(grand) was all the Jack Buttons
 were changed, and that 'seemed' to make the customer happy for awhile..but
now
 she is unhappy again, and the 'click' is back - I needled a couple of
buttons,
 but that's not the problem.

 any ideas/suggestions for a Rook? .. I'm guessing the Whippen flanges need
to be
 re-bushed/re-pinned...?

 Rook

If the key clicks when it comes to rest on the back rail, then there is no
connection with the jack buttons (regulating buttons). If you are referring
to the wippen cushion, (the felt that sits on the capstan screw), then when
you "voiced" it, the click should have been reduced. But since it didn't make
any difference, then that is not the problem.

My first inclination would be to check the hammer rest rail. If that rail
isn't tightened down, when the hammer shanks hits it, it will cause a click.

Willem Blees.