Grand Regulation

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 10:31:37 -0600

Hi Dan,
           Sounds as if you have a back checking, rep spring tension,after
touch, and or tailing geometry problem.
All 4 parameters are inter active with each other.
Your question is so open ended, that I suggest you take an experienced tech
with you to look at the piano. The hands on experience will be well worth
it. Many Guild members are very cooperative if you are a member.
Starting next month, the Journal will start a series of articals, Titled
interactive regulation, by Gina carter and myself, but it will be at least
6 months before we get to checking. The articals form the basic frame work
for our 1/2 day Arlington class.
Shameless advertising for the Arlington convention, and for non members to
join, or subscribe to the Journal.

Roger

At 10:06 AM 21/01/00 -0500, you wrote:
>List,
>
>Here's a fairly basic question from a somewhat newbie: I've noticed on a few
>grands (new and used, various makes) that a few hammers do a lot of
>double-striking on a soft blow.  Seems this is a situation of perhaps too
>strong a repetition spring, or perhaps improper checking, but I've not
read a
>proper diagnosis or regulation sequence in any of the literature.  Please
>help further my knowledge of "Regulation 101," and thanks in advance.
>
>Dan Dannenfelser
>Sacramento, CA

Roger Jolly
Saskatoon, Canada.