Grand Regulation

Dpshans@AOL.COM Dpshans@AOL.COM
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 10:06:20 EST

List,

Here's a fairly basic question from a somewhat newbie: I've noticed on a few
grands (new and used, various makes) that a few hammers do a lot of
double-striking on a soft blow.  Seems this is a situation of perhaps too
strong a repetition spring, or perhaps improper checking, but I've not read a
proper diagnosis or regulation sequence in any of the literature.  Please
help further my knowledge of "Regulation 101," and thanks in advance.

Dan Dannenfelser
Sacramento, CA