Dave Hall keyboard@cysource.com
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 08:47:12 -0600

At 12:11 AM 01/21/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>As Ron N. just wrote...
>
>"You all know the Messo Thermoneal Stabilizer, the Harmi-Tone action,
>Storytone Mahogany soundboard (guaranteed for life against splitting or
>cracking), The Damp Proofed Action (what the heck does that mean?), the
>Diaphragmatic Soundboard, Syncrotone strings, Pipe Organ Tone Chamber (a
special case, if ever there was), Genuine Reinforced hammers, and a couple
of hundred more that I've mercifully forgotten.".....

>>From north of the 49th come (describing uprights); Cabinet Grand, Upright
Grand, Grand Piano in Vertical Form, Illiminitable Repeating Action,
Duofulcrum Keys, Bell Metal Tone, Tension Resonators and the motto of a
manufacturer of barely mediocre quality, "Great is the Privilege of
Achievement".

>Little wonder the public is so confused.
>
>John Lillico, RPT,
>Oakville, Ontario, Canada

And they still are confused, not smarter.  I just had a lady describe to me,
with great pride and enthusiasm, her "one-of-a-kind, exceptionally high
quality, vertical grand piano" which turned out to be a run-of-the-mill
stencil upright.  But she loves it and paid dearly for it!

Dave