on average?

Roger C Hayden rchayden2@juno.com
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 22:05:46 -0800

It is startling what the governments take.  Like I said, if every
taxpayer had to write a check to pay their taxes every week, we'd have
another revolution.  Payroll deduction has put us to sleep!!

A more accurate picture should include the fact that all business
expenses come out of your income before taxes.  This is why the high
mileage car (18,000 - 21,000 miles per year) costs us less than the
average joe to run, it's pre tax dollars.

Also, by using our large basement for an office for my wife, who is on
the payroll as sec. and knows our business well, one  showroom, two
rebuild rooms, and an action shop I can write off a legal percentage of
home interest mortgage, heat, light, etc, and 100% of any improvements in
that area.

I also engage a sharp but strictly honest accountant to 1) watch our
every move and 2) check and sign our tax returns.  I buy a tax program
and do my own taxes just to keep a handle on the changes, but the
accountant is our 'insurance', it's her specialty.

You gotta think things out.  And I'm sure there are many out there that
think farther than I.

Roger Hayden, RPT