on average?

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 09:46:42 EST

The topic of how much we all make is interesting. Add up your net pay, divide
by the number of hours you work, and see what it is per hour. Youo'll be
surprised at what you find.

My secretary/manager jokingly complained about me taking time off during the
day to get my hair cut. I responded by saying if she worked as many hours as
I did, I would give her time off during the day to run personal errands. Then
she said, yes but you make a lot more than I do. That got me thinking

I added up what I took out of the business as a draw. Added to that my
company paid car and expenses and health insurance. I divided that by 50
hours a week for 48 week. (I take 4 weeks of vacation every years.) Guess
what. I made about $16 per hour.  Now granted, my company paid my taxes and
there are probably a couple of other expenses my business pays for me, but
then I probably work more than 50 hours some weeks. When I told my
secretary/mananger that, she shut up. She makes more per hour than I do.

Willem Blees