Sweet tuning melts string!

Richard Oliver Snelson rsnelson@dave-world.net
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 19:47:15 -0600

Being new in the piano business, everything that happens to me is "NEW."
I think this one will be new to a lot of other folks too.  I use a SAT III
for tuning and was about to complete the tuning in the high treble area of
my C173 Grand. Bamb! Zip! Slap! a string let go in the bass area. #33, F#
leaped out of the piano and hit the back wall of the room. Darn! Thought I
had been shot.  I finished the treble before looking.  Here's what I
found.  SAT was plugged into the charger, Was! Wasn't now! The tip of the
charger had pulled out of the SAT and had shorted on a string and
something else and had heated the string red hot!  The two blue ends of
the now cold string were my proof.

I'm glad it was my piano!  Are there more new things to happen?  Yes! It's
like a piano book I studied from: A Dozen a Day.

Eight more days and I'm retired from engineering and full time in my new
shop. Can't wait.  Please visit my shop if you're in Central Illinois.
Clinton, Illinois.   Home Phone: 217-935-4215,   Shop 217-934-4284  The
coffee pot will be on.
Richard Oliver Snelson