Charles Walter Pianos/goodbusiness values and principals inpractice

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 10:47:16 EST

Just a couple of thoughts vis a vis faith, religion and the professors
thereof...delete now if this might offend you.

 It seems increasingly obvious to me that as long as it isn't Patiotic, male,
or Christian that 'any' thing may be talked about. This bothers me and it
bothers me that the "christian values" remark drew a mild rebuke for having
been made. Ask yourself this...had the remark been of "Good Muslim values" or
"Good principles of Buddhist doctrine", or some such, would it have drawn the
same mild rebuke?  I think not, unfortunately.

 I don't think that pianotech is the place for discussions on religion or the
relative values, or disvalues, thereof. Rather we should be thankful that
some members of pianotech believe in something, be it Buddah, Allah, Jewah,
Jesus,  Judaism, or (put in your personal favorite), rather than just the
'almighty dollar' and the principles of Kants "Categorical Imperative", and
rather than than some undefined "good solid business principles" based on
'relative' morality.

 I praythee 'all' to allow the occasional personal religious comment , of
whatever faith, pass by without reacting as if someone stole the Kings
clothes. Show that writer the same courtesy that you would any other remarks
that you don't happen to agree with or think appropo to pianotech, i.e.
delete it. This will allow 'all' the list to accept or reject those comments
as they see fit without any others of us having to come to the rescue of
their 'feelings' or 'sensitivities'.
My view FWIW.
Jim Bryant (FL)