Old Steinway upright

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 09:18:21 -0500

I have seen one.  Question:  Does this piano have the tubular rails or
wooden rails like most pianos.
In any event parts are available and will fit if it is a metal rail.
Wooden rails may require some different arrangement.  So the question
becomes, is this piano worth restoring because the cost of parts is 4
times what similar parts would cost for any other upright.

The parts are available from Brooks Limited.  I have done two and
working on my third.

		Newton