New Tuning hammers

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@imap2.asu.edu
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 22:52:27 -0700 (MST)

Hi Derek:

You can save some money by rethreading the shaft yourself. It takes
a 1/4"pipe thread. I have done it several times when I notice the
joint starting to get a little loose. I grind the end down where the
bad threads were. A Pipe thread has a little taper to it, so you don't
want to have the end too long beyond where the threads become tight.

Jim Coleman, Sr.