New Tuning hammers

robert goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Mon, 17 Jan 2000 21:21:44 -0800

Derek Gibson wrote:

> Anyways I've been
> looking through a number of catalogues and I was wondering if anyone has
> some recommendations on a good quality, heavy hammer.

I have been using my Yamaha "U" for many years and I absolutely love it.  It
is available from Schaff.  Very well balanced and comfortable, I wouldn't
trade it for anything.  It doesn't have an extension but I don't use those
anyway.  The tip is outstanding, better than any others I have seen.  It
slips on like a glove and simply says "tune me baby, I'm all yours".
(Really, it actually says that!)

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV