Restarting a business

VOCE88@AOL.COM VOCE88@AOL.COM
Sat, 15 Jan 2000 20:58:14 EST

In a message dated 1/15/2000 11:33:51 AM Eastern Standard Time,
jim5218@yahoo.com writes:

> Hello Russell,
>  I have been in the bus for 38 yeras and I have found
>  as some of my cohorts moved away, gaveup, died, etc.
>  their name lingers long after they have left.  Piano
>  pople have very long memories and if their memories of
>  you are pleasant and professional they will return to
>  you if given the chance.  I still hear pleasant
>  stories of tuners who died more than 20 yeras ago and
>  the clients still would return if they could get them
>  back.  That is one of the great things in this
>  business.
>
>  Peace,
>  Jim

Jim -

You hit upon an incredibly valid point. In the piano business, we have an
unusual opportunity to build relationships - add to this the fact that most
of us are darn interesting people - and you wind up with a loyal clientele.

This reminds me of Richard Cherubini of New Jersey. Richard goes to Hawaii
for six months every year and works there, then returns to NJ for the warm
season to work there.

He says the customers that he wants to serve wait for him.

Regards,

Richard Galassini
Cunningham Piano Co.
1 800 394 1117