Tune it where it is

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Sat, 15 Jan 2000 15:54:15 -0600

----------
> From: Newton Hunt <nhunt@jagat.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: Tune it where it is
> Date: Thursday, January 13, 2000 8:16 AM
>
> Concert grands are like a collection of springs (well, actually they
> are) and a disturbance here will effect it there.
>
> The real difficulty is when you have to tune to 442 one night and the
> next day back to 440.    They do NOT like that so much, neither do I,
but if you do the stage work you  have to endure such nonsense.  All too
often I would only get 1.5
> hours to make such a change.  Fortunately they were always "my" pianos
> and we had come to an accommodation with each other.
> Hence it is unpleasant to have another tuner tune my pianos.  I always
> knew when that happens and I hated it and so did the piano.

Ah!  Now I understand your unpleasant experiences with other tuners tuning
your pianos. I am lucky, I did not have your experiences in raising and
lowering a concert instrument's pitch.   I have done my share of stage
work but  glad it was all 440. ---ric