Thanks 4Fish- off topic for sure

Horace Greeley hgreeley@stanford.edu
Sat, 15 Jan 2000 09:58:08 -0800

Rob,

At 12:10 AM 01/16/2000 -0800, you wrote:
>Horace Greeley wrote:
>
> > Dale, et al,
> >
> > Sorry - the answer is _42_ not 44....
> >
> > And, the question is obvious...ok, well, sort of...
>
>He's right it's 42.  I know, I was tuning the piano at the restaurant at the
>end of the universe at the time.  Unfortunately I was also forced to listen to
>some Vogon poetry, (Damn, I hate it when that happens).

The pain of which experience is best mitigated by the ingestion of several
Pan-Galactic Gargle Blasters.

Tuning the piano, that is...I mean, it is, after all, a three day weekend,
and all -
perhaps there are no pianos on the horizon for a brief interlude?

Actually, one piano thought to go with those offered to David Ilvedson...

If one does not mind working with S&S hammers, then the only real problem
with them these days is that, as sold, the moldings are too short and too
heavy.  The "fix" (to the extent that there is one) is to buy them
untapered and unbored.  The molding is still too short and too heavy, but
this way, you can minimize the impact.

...Unless, of course, the piano is new enough to have the benefit of having
all these improvements already built in...

Now, where _did_ I put that Gargle Blaster?

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Horace