School piano/tales told

RptBob1@AOL.COM RptBob1@AOL.COM
Thu, 13 Jan 2000 17:04:13 EST

In a message dated 1/13/00 9:42:03 AM Eastern Standard Time, kam544@flash.net
writes:

<< d I install a humidifier to the system?...

 Yes.

 >    3. Do you have any other suggestions?

 Yes.  After installing the humidifier to make it a complete system, install
 more wattage in the dehumidifier area. (minimum 50w)

i agree with this but:  have the music teahers sign a pledge (in blood if
possible) that they will maintain the system-more specifically- keep putting
water in when the light goes on.  I have a school that has three complete
systems.  Went there last Monday and found two of the three systems with the
light (low water) blinking.  Also, they were vertical systems and I learned
the (educators) were replacing with one can of water when the lights came on.
 Six months ago an (educator) at this school seemed surprised when I also
found the light on, asked her about it, and she exclaimed:"Oh, I didn't know
you had to put water in it".  I had, of course, gone over all of this when I
first installed the three systems.  And you may wonder why I (a retired
public school music teacher) am cynical  so often when questioned about the
level of music Education these teachers are now receiving compared to "the
good ol' days" (smile).  I have many other tales to tell....

Bob Bergantino, RPT
Willoughby Hills, Ohio

A not-always-disgruntled retired Music Educator